Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Only the strong survive, Why my Road Rage starts now!

So I am driving down the highway the other day and run into an accident. Traffic is backed up for miles, and I mean miles. This in New Jersey traffic, not Idaho here. So, I eventually come to an intersection that needs to merge in this heavy traffic. In the Mid West, this works like a zipper, you know every other car goes. Here in Jersey, you have to show you are willing to trade paint to get in!

So, there I am watching like 30 -40 cars from my side go in a row, with this guy in an SUV just waiting "for his turn" that will never happen in Jersey. I decide that I am going to be nice (since it is the holidays) and let him in when I get to the front. I let him in and continue my march in traffic behind him.

Then we get to the next merging intersection and I immediately regret letting this %$&* in. There was a reason why he was not getting in before, he is just a big pussy! I finally just went around him and forced my way into traffic, but spent 10 minutes waiting for this jerk. It is then that I realized that when it comes to traffic in Jersey, it is straight Darwinian tactics. Only the strong survive. If you are strong and try to be nice, it could kill you in the end, so its not worth it. It shows weakness, and when the others smell blood, watch out!

From now on, I am not going to drive nice. They have to show me they want it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment